All right everyone… can you believe it’s almost 2017 already! Oh my! Time to get to those big goals. You know which ones I’m talking about… the ones you’ve been putting off (I say with a wink and a smile). Stop it. Let’s agree to STOP putting them off and just get’em tackled. Let’s just do it. Finally. Or, don’t and watch them NOT get accomplished. Nah… let’s not do that. So… time to move. Let’s move.
Below… some simple steps to take to get started in the “moving” department.
Stop Waiting… Do It Now!!!
It is so easy to get caught up in the day to day, not considering whether you even like your day to day. You know down deep in side that you’re unhappy and unsatisfied. You know that every day that goes by is another day that you’re not living to your potential…but still, you let that day go by. But not without beating yourself up about it.
You tell yourself things like, “I’m not good enough,” “I’ll never amount to anything,” “I don’t know what to do about it,” “I don’t have help.” And if you do take some action around living to your potential, it is short lived: a moment, a day, a week, a month and POOF…it’s gone.
Every moment that passes by, every day, every hour, every month is time you can’t get back – let me say that again…YOU CAN’T GET IT BACK!!! It’s gone…forever. You’ve heard, “live each day like it was your last” “live like you were dying”…we hear it but don’t do anything about it…when will that change?
Right now perhaps? Why not? You don’t know what you want to be, where to start, how to get out of your current situation? We all suffer from those issues, questions, concerns, and roadblocks. But it’s time! It’s time to stop letting those roadblocks run our life. I mean, things have got to change and you have got to be the one to change them. Right now!
The problem is that most of us don’t have the inspiration, guidance, support and accountability to solve our problems and create the life we want for ourselves. Here are some steps you can take right now to begin making a meaningful difference. It is NEVER too late:
- List 5 things that you like about yourself. It doesn’t matter what they are. Do NOT stop until you find 5 things that you like about yourself or that you do well.
- List 5 things you have done in your life that you didn’t think you could.
- Write one thing down that you really, really want in your life right now: a new car, a better relationship, more money. Whatever it is, write it down.
- Write down at least 2 actions you can take to get it. If you can’t figure out what actions you can take, ask someone else… get support. Then, write those actions down.
- Now, take one action towards getting what you want. Just one!
Getting what you want in life is about taking the steps and getting the support you need. So take the first step and reach out to someone who can help you. A mentor, a friend, a coach. From this point forward, don’t let roadblocks stand in your way.
If you find this challenging and want some support, get involved with AWSC. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to get started, but get started!!